Custom House Brokers
Customs House Brokerage
J. M. RODGERS CO. INC. is the Customs broker you need because you are an importer that demands to be serviced as though you were the only client. Any broker can clear your shipment timely and move it to its immediate destination.
You are an importer that requires more:
- A Customs broker that is not error prone.
- A Customs broker, with a strong compliance team, headed by licensed Customs brokers who will give you “tailored” services and actually be your “partner” that work with you shoulder-to-shoulder to develop compliance solutions, as a no-charge, value added service.
- “Quarterbacking” all incoming freight releases, from any and all carriers, processing
- Customs/Partner Government Agencies (i.e., FDA) clearances and providing timely drayage and deliveries.
- One that has the capacity to assess the accuracy of your HTS product classifications.
- A broker who can assess the strength of your compliance program.
- A broker who can help you build and maintain an HTS product/compliance “library.”
- A partner who can work with you to develop a Customs Compliance Import Policy and Manual.
Why are we that one broker you’ve been searching for? Because, our business model is built on premise that treating you as if you were our only client, tailoring our services around YOUR requirements and providing you with a long term “partnership” commitment to help you to successfully meet all industry challenges is not only good business, but it’s the only way we do business.
We operate using principles from a methodology that we believe no other broker uses, known as Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) an operational and organizational philosophy and methodology designed to increase productivity and improve quality when employed for our clients. Continuous Process Improvement is the heart of the JMR environment, and is designed to create accountability internally and for our clients.
JMR Provides The Following Customs Services To Our Brokerage Clients:
- One Dedicated J.M. Rodgers Expert Team for Each Client
- An Office Open 7 Days Per Week
- A Team Available 24 Hours Per Day
- No Voicemail- JMR does not screen calls
- No Call Centers- JMR’s clients can reach the operations directly
- Remote Location Filing in all US Ports- No Limits
- Post-Clearance Audit on Every Entry
- A Multi-lingual Staff
- Clearance of All Modes: Air, Ocean, Border Crossing, and Small Parcel
- The Creation of a Compliance Manual or “Playbook”
- The Creation of HTS Libraries or Parts Dictionaries
- The Maintenance of an Online Classification Databases
- An Evaluation of Current Classifications
- Assistance with New Classifications
- An Assessment of Trade Agreement Eligibility
- Reconciliation Filing
- Full ITAR Management
- Filed Export Licenses
- Assistance with Global HTS Classification
- Preparation of Carnets
- Customs Bond Services
Importer Security Filing (ISF) Management and Filing Process
J.M. Rodgers has an established process to assist importers needing to file the electronic Importer Security Filing of 10 data elements to U.S. Customs, at least 24-hours prior to the loading of the cargo aboard the vessel at the foreign port, destined for the U.S.
JM Rodgers is proactive in assuring that all clients’ ISFs are filed in a timely fashion, and consistently quality checked to make sure that no information is incomplete, incorrect, missing, or in any way in violation of Customs’ standards. Having J.M. Rodgers as your ISF manager can save your company significant money by avoiding US Customs fees for violations.
JM Rodgers has developed a single form to be used for all of our clients to ensure consistency with all filings. Our form used as the vehicle to collect required information for all entities involved in supplying the necessary data elements for the Importer Security filing. Space is provided at the bottom of the form for any special instructions.